Ok…..so an interesting experience since I have been here is the fruits not available in the states. Here are some that I’ve tried (Except Durian).
1. Durian. Ick Ick Ick. I am not brave enough to try it, but you can smell it a mile away. It’s a favorite of the locals (NOT by farang).
2. Jackfruit. Delicious!! The fruit is actually very large and looks like Durian on the outside. The inside is quite different. 🙂
3. Kong Thai
4. Lamyai. This grows everywhere here in Chiang Mai!
4. Mangosteen. YUM!!! Soooo juicy!
5. Papaya. A very popular dish here is Som Tum (Papaya Salad). It’s more savory than it is sweet. I recommend ordering it with NO peppers….
7. Rambutan. Looks like it would be spiky but it’s not. Quite a unique and delicious fruit!
9. Rose Apple. Tastes similar to an apple but not sweet.
10. Ok….I don’t know if this counts really but….the fried bananas here are just so good!!! 😀